Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15559 Discussions

I can't install USB Blaster driver on Windows 10

BRIANNN
Beginner

Hello,

I have some troubles when I try to install the driver for USB Blaster (the first generation, not Blaster II). I'm using the 10 and Quartus lite 20.1 software. I also find the solution on this page. Why does the Intel® FPGA Download Cables drivers installation fail on Windows* operating system? But when I install the Patch 0.02i and Patch 0.02stdp under the Quartus install location. It cannot find the Quartus pro software and Quartus Prime Standard Edition Programmer and Tools. I'm not sure I did the correct steps.

I have check the certification of the drivers, it has expired. Is there any newest version of the drivers?

Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Sorry, i am confused. Do you mean you cant find the quartus path as per steps 8?

8. Enter the following path for the driver and enable include subfolders

- <Intel Quartus Prime software install directory>\quartus\drivers or

- <Intel Quartus Prime Programmer install directory>\qprogrammer\drivers or

- <Intel Quartus Prime Programmer install directory>\qprogrammer\quartus\drivers

View solution in original post

6 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Sorry, i am confused. Do you mean you cant find the quartus path as per steps 8?

8. Enter the following path for the driver and enable include subfolders

- <Intel Quartus Prime software install directory>\quartus\drivers or

- <Intel Quartus Prime Programmer install directory>\qprogrammer\drivers or

- <Intel Quartus Prime Programmer install directory>\qprogrammer\quartus\drivers

BRIANNN
Beginner

Hi,

I mean, I cannot install the Patch 0.02i and Patch 0.02stdp in the Quartus lite.

regards.

BRIANNN
Beginner

I have solve it. thanks.

sofi
Beginner

Dear BRIANNN,

I've had the same issue and been trying for hours to install the patch. I already tried the solution posted by YuanLi, but can't seem to find the correct path. Could you please post the solution that worked for you?

Regards.

BRIANNN
Beginner

Hello, 

I follow the steps in Why does the Intel® FPGA Download Cables drivers installation... . It's very important to choose the correct install path.

The path you need to choose when install the patch is a folder called Quartus, Which is the root directory of the whole Quartus software. 

Hope this can help you.

Regards.

Araa
Beginner

Hello,

I have the same problem. Despite downloading the 0.02i patch in the quartus folder I always the receive the same error that the tools are not in the folder.

Can you help me?

Regards