Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

I could not find Cyclone III EP3C16F484C6N in Quartus Prime Standard for DE0 Board?

TarikTec
New Contributor I

Hello, I wanted to run my first VHDL program in Quartus Prime Standard with DE0 boards that has Cyclone III EP3C16F484C6N as FPGA but I could not find it in the board selection neither in Device selection.

TarikTec_0-1632321791715.png

they do not have it even in the https://fpgacloud.intel.com/devstore/board/?search=EP3C16F484C6N

TarikTec_1-1632322003118.jpeg

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

It means you can't work with a design in Quartus with a Cyclone III device.  If you have an old programming file, like .sof or .pof, that was generated in 13.1 or earlier, you can still program the device.  You just can't design for it unless you download and use the older version.

The device installer packages (.qdz) are on the Individual Files tab of the link I posted.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

The last version to support Cyclone III was 13.1: https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/13.1/?edition=subscription&platform=windows

TarikTec
New Contributor I

Does that mean since I am using Quartos Prime Standard 17.1, I cannot run DE0 that does have Cyclone III EP3C16F484C6N as FPGA?
P.S: I looked in the link and I could not find again Cyclone III EP3C16F484C6N.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

It means you can't work with a design in Quartus with a Cyclone III device.  If you have an old programming file, like .sof or .pof, that was generated in 13.1 or earlier, you can still program the device.  You just can't design for it unless you download and use the older version.

The device installer packages (.qdz) are on the Individual Files tab of the link I posted.

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Did the above comment help?

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos