Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

I need the way to add unisim library or library like it.

MAlas1
Beginner

this is the error "Error (10481): VHDL Use Clause error at clk_wiz_0_tmp.vhd(72): design library "unisim" does not contain primary unit "vcomponents". Verify that the primary unit exists in the library and has been successfully compiled".

I use Quartus 18.1

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

In the VHDL Desgin Files (.vhd), clk_wlz_0_tmp.vhd, you tried to access the specified primary unit of the specified design library. However, the design library does not contain the primary unit, or the primary unit has not been successfully compiled.

For example, the Use Clause in the following code attempts to access the primary unit example, but the ieee design library does not contain the primary unit example:

LIBRARY ieee;

USE ieee.example;

You can also refer to the forum case below:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00003yyQPaSAM/custom-library-in-altera?language=en_US

0 Kudos
MAlas1
Beginner

Thanks for reply, is it passable to add vcomponents unisim library?

0 Kudos
MAlas1
Beginner

How to download unisim library?

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I am not familiar with unisim library but I found this forum case that could help with your inquiry? Please refer to the link below.

https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/60319/how-to-add-the-xilinx-library-to-modelsim

0 Kudos
ahaa
Beginner

Have you solved this problem? I meet the same question now ,and when I copy unisim vhdl library from vivado to quartus library, but more detail errors were reported and some  previous errors.

Do you have some suggestions or solutions?

Thanks very much!

ahaa_1-1612353295904.png

ahaa_0-1612353258232.png

0 Kudos