Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15549 Discussions

IP Component files generated in wrong directory

VCham
New Contributor I

I used the Altera PLL IP to generate a PLL for my project but it was generated in the wrong directory. I tried moving the files but Quartus II was then unable to find the IP Component. Is there a proper way to move these generated files within my project folders?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
VCham
New Contributor I

I figured out my issue.

What I meant by "wrong" was that it wasn't generated in the desired folder given our folder structure convention, and simply moving the files didn't update the pointers. I figured out that updating the paths found in the .qsf file solves the issue.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AndyN
New Contributor I

What do you mean by the "wrong" folder? Where is it generating with reference to the .ip file?

VCham
New Contributor I

I figured out my issue.

What I meant by "wrong" was that it wasn't generated in the desired folder given our folder structure convention, and simply moving the files didn't update the pointers. I figured out that updating the paths found in the .qsf file solves the issue.