Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

IP Core simulation

LSant1
New Contributor I

I am new to FPGA design using IP cores. I am trying to simulate an IP core design example. Per the user guide, I need to run a tb_run.do script which in turn calls msim_setup.tcl script. I am wondering if I need to add in all the source files in the various sub directories of the IP core? Initially I thought the simulation script takes care of it, but I don't see that happening. What is the correct procedure?

Thanks,

Lakshmi

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Yes, simulation script will take care about the files required.

1. Which user guide you have followed can you share the link.
  2. Which Quartus (version and edition) & modelsim version are you using.
  3. Attache the error message or modelsim transcript.

Best Regards,

Anand Raj Shankar

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

0 Kudos
LSant1
New Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am using UG-20016 and trying to run simulation for the Intel 10G MAC design example. I am using Quartus v18.0 with update 1. The error I get "design not included". I am running tb_run.tcl as suggested in the user guide.

Also, I am always getting a page unresponsive, long script message on this forum page since last two days.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi​ Lakshmi,

I have used Quartus 18.0 pro Modelsim version 10.6c.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_US/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-20016.pdf

1. Generated an example design for (Low Latency Ethernet 10G MAC Intel FPGA IP).
  2. We have recreated the scenario.

vsim -c -do tb_run.tcl

# No design specified

Let me check and com back on this.

Best Regards,

Anand Raj Shankar

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)

0 Kudos
SAR
Novice

Hi Lakshmi,

vsim -c -do tb_run.tcl mentioned in UG-20016 is meant to be run from Windows/Linux command prompt and not Modelsim command promp.

0 Kudos
LSant1
New Contributor I

Yes, I finally realized that and we have it working for us. I just couldn't post here earlier as the forum page had some issues. I don't understand why the Windows command prompt command was provided when it cannot open any waveform or signal window. Anyways we have it working fine from Modelsim now.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

0 Kudos