Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16603 Discussions

IP upgrade recommended warning keep popping.

MMavi
Novice

I have a Stratix V project on Quartus Prime 17.1 and A yellow "IP upgrade recommended" warning popped at the Project navigator. It does not go even I upgrade the ip that it saw as proplem. The IP that seems to be upgraded is a Platform Designer system. I tried generating it again and i tried performing automatic IP upgrade. However, Yellow warning did not go.

What should i do to make it disappear?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Use Platform Designer system and generate the system.

Can you attache the project and Quartus message log?

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
MMavi
Novice

Hi,

As I told in the question, I tried generating it again. I did it in Platform Designer. However, it didn't work.

There was no message regarding ip upgrade in the message log.

I solved the problem. It was a subsystem that I first create in Quartus 15.0. I have upgraded it and it's IPs in the platform designer before. However, it wasn't enough for Quartus apparently.

I changed the version number on the qsys file of the subsystem from 1.0 to 17.1 (all the other IP's had this as version number) and it worked.

Regards,

Mehdi MAVI

ost
Novice

Still works with Quarts Prime 20.1

My hps component also had an on instance of chip_id_read_mm stuck at version 1.0. Manual change solved it.

0 Kudos