Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

In-system memory content editor crashes

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

The memory content editor keeps crashing on me, so I've created a bare-bones Quartus project that only instantiates the required RAM: 1-Port megafunction, input 50 Mhz clock of a DE0-Nano-SOC board. 

After programming, the content editor does report the RAM instance on the FPGA, and I can read out the memory (populated from a MIF). But anytime I try to write back changes or the entire image, the status changes to "Acquiring" for some time, freezing up Quartus, and then I always get an access violation (Quartus quit unexpectedly). 

I'm new to FPGA design, so I may have overlooked a few silly prerequisites. In the .sdc file, I tried adding  

create_clock -period "30.303 ns" -name {altera_reserved_tck} {altera_reserved_tck} 

as that seemed to be the recommended clock, but this didn't change anything... 

It's Quartus Prime 16.1 Lite on Windows 7 SP1. 

Any help is much appreciated : ) 

Michael
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Just a quick update, I've reinstalled drivers, changed USB cable and USB port, reduced the size of the RAM and ran today's IP update for the RAM to no avail...

0 Kudos