Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15323 Discussions

In the MAX 10, I / O pin state before entering user mode can be set by Quartus Prime option "Set I / O weak pull-up prior usemode". So as a question, is it possible to set weak pull-up for each pin?

Blues-sptn
Novice

In the "Set I / O weak pull-up prior usemode" setting, it is considered that individual settings can not be made because I / O excluding some are subject. .

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

<QUOTE>is it possible to set weak pull-up for each pin.</QUOTE>

All I/O pins are set to week pull up (i.e prior user-mode) during configuration (set using configuration settings).

In user mode the user I/O pins will then function as specified by your design and unused IO pins are week pull up(set using unused pin settings). 

Regards

Anand

Blues-sptn
Novice

Excuse me. How to listen was bad.

Is it possible to individually set the state of the I / O during configuration? For example

Pin_A: Weak pullup enabled

Pin_B: weak pullup invalid

Can we set it? I have recognition that I can not set, but how?

AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Is it possible to individually set the state of the I / O during configuration?

No, we can not set individually.Setting is common for all pins.

But under user mode we can control enable or disable.

Using Pin Planner tool ->right click on any column header, and select Customize Columns ->under available column select-> Weak Pull-Up Resistor->click add selected column ->click ok. Now back in the Pin Planner window, you should see a new column called Weak Pull-Up Resistor. For each pin you wish to enable it on, simply click in the box for that column and select "On" By default it is turned "Off".

Regards

Anand

Blues-sptn
Novice

OK.

Thank you for your response.