Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16604 Discussions

Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-close.c: 764: _dl_close: Assertion `map->l_init_c

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I keep getting this message whenever I run Quartus (15.0) on most non-supported Linux distributions. The message does not seem to be fatal, but some tools/scripts will check the output of Quartus and fail whenever the above error is written to stdout. 

According to https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd01272015_37.html this should (or maybe that was a fatal version?) have been fixed in 15.0. 

Any ideas to get around the problem or if it will it be fixed in 15.1?
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The problem appears even after software update to 15.0.2 

Checked on Gentoo Linux and Arch Linux. 

quartus_map --version Quartus II 64-Bit Analysis & Synthesis Version 15.0.2 Build 153 07/15/2015 SJ Web Edition Copyright (C) 1991-2015 Altera Corporation. All rights reserved.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm seeing this in 15.02. Keeps me from executing a .tcl script to assign DDR pins for Cyclone V.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I see this too but it does not prevent me to do anything - at least whatever I notice.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I first noticed the problem when the DDR generation script would fail. Also noted by jon_herr above. But anything which will rely on the output or maybe even return value (have not verified this yet) would fail. Unfortunately it's also present in 15.1.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think this is related and exists in RedHat (before someone starts crying it's because I'm using Ubuntu) 

https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=12454
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm using Quartus Prime Pro and Standard with the latest updates, and this issue still persists. The problem lies within the curl libraries packaged in $QUARTUS_ROOTDIR/linux64. I was able to remove ALL Quartus errors/warnings by backing up libccl_curl_drl.so, libcrypto.so.1.0.0, libcurl.so.4, libssl.so.1.0.0 and then deleting them. 

sudo cp libccl_curl_drl.so libccl_curl_drl.so.bak sudo cp libcrypto.so.1.0.0 libcrypto.so.1.0.0.bak sudo cp libcurl.so.4 libcurl.so.4.bak sudo libssl.so.1.0.0.bak sudo rm libccl_curl_drl.so libcrypto.so.1.0.0 libcurl.so.4 libssl.so.1.0.0 

This worked for me and allowed me to complete OpenCL compilation (finally). I also had some GLIBCXX errors, which were resolved by following the same process on libstdc++.so.6. 

sudo cp libstdc++.so.6 libstdc++.so.6.bak sudo rm libstdc++.so.6 

You may need to then add the i386 architecture (if on 64 Bit) and install the libraries to your system that you just removed from here. I don't remember all the commands I ran to complete this, so you may need to search a bit to find the appropriate apt-get commands to install what you removed. I fought with this issue for a week before finally working it all out!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Good catch. But do you have libccl_curl_drl.so etc. local on your computer, e.g. in /lib64 or /usr/lib64? If yes, which versions are these?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Also what is the output of e.g: 

ldd /your/altera/root/quartus/linux64/quartus_cpf | grep curl 

Replace /yousr/altera/root with the root path of your Quartus installation.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

TO_BE_DONE

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I had same problem. 

wbgreen's solution seemed to be correct answer. but, it didn't work.  

so, I restored .bak files one by one except 'libccl_curl_drl.so.bak' 

I don't know why, Quartus Prime goes well. Anyone knows about this?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I have Quartus 17.0.1 running on Ubuntu 16.04 64bit LTS. After doing a fresh installation I corrected the following 2 errors: 

Fix error 1: 

intelFPGA/17.0/quartus/linux64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libproxy.so.1) 

Failed to load module: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gio/modules/libgiolibproxy.so 

$ cd ~/intelFPGA/17.0/quartus/linux64 

$ mv libstdc++.so.6 libstdc++.so.6.bak 

$ ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 libstdc++.so.6 

Fix error 2: 

Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-close.c: 811: _dl_close: Assertion `map->l_init_called' failed! 

$ mv libccl_curl_drl.so libccl_curl_drl.so.bak