Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Installing the Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have Installed the Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL as "Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL Getting Started Guide" said .But I don't clear how to set environment variables .http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13349&stc=1 I can't find "1. %ALTERAOCLSDKROOT%\bin""2. %ALTERAOCLSDKROOT%\windows64\bin" "3. %ALTERAOCLSDKROOT%\host\windows64\bin" in my installation directory which is showed in "package.png".

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

On windows you should go to System Properties > Advanced > Environmental Variables, create a new variable with "ALTERAOCLSDKROOT" (without quotes) as its name and the path to your "hld" directory as variable value. Then you should edit the existing PATH variable and add the three values above to the existing values. Though I think the installer might automatically create the "ALTERAOCLSDKROOT" variable but I am not sure. 

You can find some examples here: 

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

To apply permanent environment variable settings, perform the following tasks: 

 Click Windows Start menu ➤ Control Panel (or search for and then open the Control Panel application in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10). 

 Click System and Security ➤ System. 

 In the System window, click Advanced system settings. 

 Click the Advanced tab in the System Properties dialog box. 

 Click Environment Variables. 

The Environment Variables dialog box appears. 

&#61672; To modify an existing environment variable setting, select the variable under User variables for <user_name> and then click Edit. In the Edit User Variable dialog box, type the environment variable setting in the Variable value field. 

&#61672; If you add a new environment variable, click New under User variables for <user_name>. In the New User Variable dialog box, type the environment variable name and setting in the Variable name and Variable value fields, respectively. 

For an environment variable with multiple settings, add semicolons ( ; ) to separate the settings. 

and "ALTERAOCLSDKROOT" is mean "C:\altera\16.0\hld"
0 Kudos