Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Intel ADV2110 and Quartus II Web Edition

Rhydian
Beginner

Hello,

We have a number of designs using Cyclone IV devices, maintained with Quartus II 13.1 Web Edition.  This is a very old release now, but it had all the features we needed at the time and as we are in a tightly regulated industry, upgrading to a newer version has a lot of bureaucratic overhead which we would rather avoid.

We recently received Intel Customer Advisory ADV2110 

https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/tools/2020/why-is-there-seed-dependent-ram-data-corruption-quartus-std.html

The advisory covers Quartus Prime 19.1 and earlier, but there is no mention whether this issue extends all the way back into Quartus II.  Quartus Prime presumably inherited a lot of the code from Quartus II, but is there anything definitive from Intel on this?

Several of our designs have structures of the type mentioned in the advisory, but to the best of my knowledge we have never seen this issue manifest itself in the field.

Regards

Rhydian.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nurina
Employee

Hi Rhydian,

Yes, this does affect Quartus II 13.1 Web Edition. Did you want to request for the screening patch? I would need to confirm a few things with you before we can provide a screening patch.

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
Rhydian
Beginner

Hi Nurina,

Yes please, that would be much appreciated.

Regards

Rhydian.

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi Rhydian,

I've just e-mailed you, I'm continuing this case through e-mail for privacy. 

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi Rhydian,

We did not receive any response to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Regards,
Nurina

P/S: If you like my comment, feel free to give Kudos. If my comment solved your problem, feel free to accept my comment as solution!

0 Kudos