Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Intel® Quartus® II Software SW-QUARTUS-WE-FIX

lcoon1981
New Contributor I

Hi,

I have signed up evaluation or free license for Intel® Quartus® II Software SW-QUARTUS-WE-FIX. May I know this free license is only for Intel Quartus Prime Standard Edition? If yes, what are the devices are supported?

Thanks.

~lcoon1981

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Per my understanding, yes, can program the .sof in to 5AGZME7H2F35I3N device. You may test it see how things go.

Report back if error happen with error message screenshot.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Welcome to Intel forum. Yes, free license is for Intel Quartus Prime Standard Edition. For device support refer here https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/central-libraries/us/en/documents/quartus-prime-compare-editions-guide.pdf

0 Kudos
lcoon1981
New Contributor I

Hi AR_A_Intel,

Thank you for your response. I downloaded and installed the latest Intel Quartus Prime Standard Edition and applied the Evaluation or Free License. But I only can see devices Cyclone 10LP and Max10 devices, not all IPs are supported too. Attached is my license setup and Device Family snapshot for your reference. How to enable the Arria V device family and the IPs?

Thank you for your support!

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You have to download and install each device family.  They come as .qdz files.  You don't mention what version of Quartus you've downloaded, but make sure you download the .qdz file for the family you want for the correct version of the software.  Then use the device installer or the option from the Quartus Tools menu to install the device family.

As for IP, whatever is available with that version of Quartus is installed with it though if you don't have a license for a particular IP you use in a design, your design will run in a time-limited, tethered mode.

0 Kudos
lcoon1981
New Contributor I

Hi,

The Quartus version I installed is Standard Edition 21.1.1 (Latest). I am targeted on Arria V GZ devices. May I know why I couldn't find the device 5AGZME7H2F35I3N? The available device is 5AGZME7H2F35I3L. 

lcoon1981_0-1658363260267.png

0 Kudos
lcoon1981
New Contributor I

Which Quartus version is supporting the device variant 5AGZME7H2F35I3N? It is because the part on my hand now is 5AGZME7H2F35I3N.

0 Kudos
lcoon1981
New Contributor I

Hi AR_A_Intel,

Do you know why there is no device 5AGZME7H2F35I3N in the Quartus? I also tried with Quartus version 19.1 and 17.0 but still only 5AGZME7H2F35I3L is available. Will the sof file generated be the same?

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

give me some time for further checking. Thanks

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

May we know, have you tried with Quartus lite version? If not, could you help to download and try it, see how things go. Download lite edition here, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/fpga/development-tools/quartus-prime/resource.html

0 Kudos
lcoon1981
New Contributor I

Hi AR_A_Intel,

I already tried with Quartus Standard Edition 19.1 and 17.0. Both version also don't have 5AGZME7H2F35I3N. 

0 Kudos
lcoon1981
New Contributor I

Since there is no 5AGZME7H2F35I3N available in the device list, I can only proceed with 5AGZME7H2F35I3L, will the sof can be programmed onto 5AGZME7H2F35I3N device?

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Per my understanding, yes, can program the .sof in to 5AGZME7H2F35I3N device. You may test it see how things go.

Report back if error happen with error message screenshot.

0 Kudos
lcoon1981
New Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you. 

I will report back if error happen.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We have not heard from you and I hope that my last note clears up this matter and it can now be move forward. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos