Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16558 Discussions

Intel Quartus Prime crashes both in lite and standard edition

panos-greece
Beginner

Hello,

Intel Quartus Prime always crashes both in lite and standard edition, when the file dialog is activated (e.g. for setting the project folder or saving vhdl file). Both editions have been installed (not at the same time) in the following PC:

Intel i7-10nth gen

32GB RAM

Video rtx 2080

Windows 11

Panos.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Do a full uninstall and reinstall.

Note that Quartus is not officially supported on Windows 11.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi Panos,

Can check the OS support list for Quartus Prime Lite and Standard here.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/support-resources/design-software/os-support.html 

No idea when will be windows 11 officially released.

Best regards,
Sheng

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi Panos,

Do you find the solution provided helpful?

Best regards,
Sheng

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos
elad_UFX
Beginner

It seems that intel doesn't plan on supporting windows 11 until quartus 22.3 (maybe...)

Seeing as we're on 21.1, it looks like there's about a year until then

Quartus programmer not working on Windows 11 - Intel Communities

0 Kudos
MauroChim
Novice

I have the same issue with windows 11.  A brand new computer i712700KF under windows11.

Impossible load any file or project, the program crashes just clicking on the open project menu button.

I hope will be available a fix as soon as possible.

0 Kudos