Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Intel Quartus prime lite and Modelsim

sidd
Novice
I have Intel Quartus prime lite edition and along with it I got ModelSim - INTEL FPGA STARTER EDITION 2020.1. I have another licensed Modelsim DE. Can I import Altera libraries in Modelsim DE? When I tried I am getting compatibility issue. Is this possible ? also if yes how to do it? I am using MAXV CPLD for synthesis and simulation.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Welcome to Intel forum. Based on my understanding, No. The ModelSim PE/DE optional features are not supported in the ModelSim-Intel® FPGA STARTER edition software and the simulation performance of the ModelSim-Intel® FPGA STARTER edition software is slower than that of the ModelSim PE/DE software.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We have not heard from you and I hope that my last note clears up this matter and it can now be move forward. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos