Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

JTAG Chain xd2000i

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

Does anyone remember xd2000i? 

san jose, calif., june 17, 2008—altera corporation (nasdaq: altr) and xtremedata, inc. today announced availability of the industry’s fastest fpga/intel[sup]®[/sup] xeon[sup]®[/sup] processor-based front-side bus (fsb) module. equipped with multiple altera[sup]®[/sup] stratix[sup]®[/sup] iii fpgas and using intel quickassist technology, the xtremedata xd2000i in-socket accelerator (isa) showcases this powerful 1066 mhz coprocessing solution. 

the xd2000i family offers the highest density stratix iii fpgas in the smallest footprint available in the market. the module uses three fpgas, one as a bridge to system resources in intel xeon processor-based servers, leaving the other two available to run user applications in typically found in military, financial, medical and bioscience markets. 

I want to configure the FPGA inside xd using quartus programmer. The manual says to hit auto detect on programmer and it was supposed to appear five elements in the jtag chain, but it appears only four. This xd2000i dates from 2009 and the manual recommends to use quartus 8.1 

Here is my setup: 

- ubuntu 12.04 running quartus 11.0sp1 

- connected to xd2000i - usb blaster already tested with a de2 board 

Any clues on why quartus programmer detects only four elements instead of five? What is the most probably reason? Version of quartus? Drivers? Linux? Something 

that stopped working on xd2000i? 

Also, in the manual's figures the detection shows the elements name that composes the jtag chain. But when I hit auto detect, the identifiers are  

UNKNOWN followed by a number.
0 Kudos
0 Replies