Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

JTAG chain - unable to read device chain

nickfol
Beginner

Hello. I have a Quartus II issue related to FPGA detection. I have 2 different Cyclone V and 3 JTAG-Blaster (1 is USB and 2 is Ethernet). Quartus II detects blasters, but FPGA cannot. Whatever I do - "unable to read device chain". I don't know what to do - I've already reinstalled Quartus II and drivers, restarted JTAG-Server, tried different combinations of blasters and FPGAs - nothing can solve my problem. With that, I am sure that both FPGAs and blasters (at least ethernet) are working. I work on Windows 10, 64 bit.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ash_R_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi Nick,

Is there any update to your issue?

Please check following things on the board:

1) Whether all the power supplies reach upto their recommended levels before configuration starts.

2) Monitor nSTATUS pin. Expected to be low until the power supplies are stable.

3) If the power supplies are stable then are nSTATUS and nCONFIG pins going high. You should see these pins to remain in high state during configuration.

4) Is there any broken link in the daisy chain of the FPGA devices and the JTAG.

If possible please share a block diagram of how the devices are connected in chain and to the JTAG ports.

Regards.

0 Kudos