Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

LM_LICENSE_FILE on University Program VWF error

Pfrimer
Beginner

Hello! I am trying to run a rtl simulation through University Program VWF, but I get the following error:

Unable to find the license file. It appears that your license 
file environment variable (e.g., LM_LICENSE_FILE) is not set
correctly.Unable to checkout a license. Vsim is closing.

** Error: Invalid license environment. Application closing.

Pfrimer_0-1659293508784.png

I am using Pop OS 22.04 (Ubuntu based Distro), Quartus Prime LIte 21.1.1 build 850, Questa Intel FPGA is installed and working, and LM_LICENSE_FILE is set:

Pfrimer_1-1659293714290.png

On Quartus:

Pfrimer_2-1659293781435.png

Directly pointing to the file doesn't work either. EDA tools options:

Pfrimer_3-1659294404278.png

I searched the Intel community and found similar issues. But no solution worked. What am I doing wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Welcome to Intel forum. Per my understanding, ubuntu 22.04 is not an officially support OS for Questa. An unsupported platform means that some things may work, but others not, and we won't put any resources into debugging or diagnosing. For more details refer the below link,

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/support-resources/design-software/os-support.html?wapkw=operating%20system%20support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Welcome to Intel forum. Per my understanding, ubuntu 22.04 is not an officially support OS for Questa. An unsupported platform means that some things may work, but others not, and we won't put any resources into debugging or diagnosing. For more details refer the below link,

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/support-resources/design-software/os-support.html?wapkw=operating%20system%20support

0 Kudos
Pfrimer
Beginner

Thank you for your replay. Could you tell if IntelFPGA plans to expand support on linux?

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

We do have the plan to expand support on linux but don’t have the exact date on it. It will be update timely in the Operating System Support link that I have provided to you. We apologize for the inconvenience happens. 

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We have not heard from you and I hope that my last note clears up this matter. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Pfrimer
Beginner

Thank you AR_A_Intel, that is all.

0 Kudos