Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16641 Discussions

License Issue for Quartus Prime Pro

Junyong
Beginner

Hi,

I have a trouble with a license for Quartus Prime Pro.

Recently, I applied for a license and installed Quartus Prime Pro on my PC. But it had a problem with a disk space, thus I switched to another PC.

I also downloaded and installed Quartus Prime Pro on another PC, but there was an error message regarding the license problem. For your information, my current license is 30-day temporary.

Is there anyone who has similar experiences?

Please find the error message I got from Quartus Prime Pro.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Regarding your license error. Could you help to apply again a new license for your current use pc NIC ID. Use the new license and see how things go. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You have to point Quartus to the license file you generated from the self-service licensing center (Tools menu -> License Setup).

0 Kudos
Junyong
Beginner

Thank you for your reply.

I pointed Quartus to the license file I generated in the previous, but failed to run Stratix10_PCIeGen3x8_DMA_18_0.

When I tried to run it, I got a message that "Design template installation failed".

I had no log message for it, so I couldn't run the template file.

Could you please let me know how to handle with the above issue?

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Regarding your license error. Could you help to apply again a new license for your current use pc NIC ID. Use the new license and see how things go. 

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We have not heard from you and I hope that my last note clears up this matter and it can now be move forward. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Junyong
Beginner

Thank you for your reply.

My issue was resolved as I changed the NIC ID.

Thanks,

Junyong

0 Kudos