Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Max 10 ADC Modular IP Core

Josel
Beginner

I followed the training videos on YouTube which is "How to Create ADC Design in Max 10 Device Using QSYS Tool" on that video at the final of the training we get an IP that has only two input pins. Those are clock and reset. My question is how can make an ADC output signal on that IP for transfering those datas to another IP? Can you help me with that topic?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

What parameter settings did you use for the ADC IP core?  There should be more interfaces than just the clock and reset.  Screenshots?

0 Kudos
Josel
Beginner

ADC_parameters.jpg

This is the parameters that I set. Also, I have an another problem. When powered my circuit and want to use the ADC toolkit. The tool doesn't show up. The "Launch" button is still not active. 

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Please refer https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/max-10/archives/ug_m10_adc-17-0.pdf#page=39 , Figure 29. It gives you high level idea of how the Modular ADC IP core interacts between the Analog Input pins and the user via Avalon-MM interface.

The guide also explains how to use the IP. Refer https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/max-10/archives/ug_m10_adc-17-0.pdf#page=20 , section 2.2.

Let us know if you need more details.

Regards

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

You need to double-click the ADC IP there to re-launch it.

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos