Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Max10 ADC simulation in QuestaSim fails to simulate output

twister1398
Beginner

I'm trying to simulate the Max10 ADC in QuestaSim 2021.3. The ADC Core ready signal (modular_adc_0_command_ready) never goes high. I suspect that the following warning may be related to this behaviour:

Warning: (vsim-PLI-3691) Expected a system task, not a system function '<protected>'.
#    Time: 0 ps  Iteration: 0  Protected: /adc_controller_tb/adc_controller/modular_adc_0/control_internal/adc_inst/adcblock_instance/primitive_instance/inst/<protected>/<protected>/<protected> File: J:/Programme/intelFPGA_lite/18.1/quartus/eda/sim_lib/mentor/fiftyfivenm_atoms_ncrypt.v Line: 38

To me, it looks like QuestaSim can not read the encrytped IP file fiftyfivenm_atoms_ncrypt.v. I did compile the altera libraries for both verilog and vhdl using Quartus Prime 20.1.0 lite and used the 'Run Simulation Tool> RTL Simulation' command of quartus to set up the simulation in QuestaSim.

I attach the log files of the library compilation, as I have noticed that for the file fiftyfivenm_atoms_ncrypt.v, no top level modules are listed. Is this the expected behaviour during library compilation?

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @twister1398 

This is normal behavior, if you compile the fiftyfivenm_atoms_ncrypt.v standalone, you can see there are modules listed in the compiled library.  

Regarding to ready signal (modular_adc_0_command_ready) never goes high, I would suggest to review your design and testbench. 

You may checkout the User Guide below for further information:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/sam1393576011848.html#sam1456148842880

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @twister1398 

This is normal behavior, if you compile the fiftyfivenm_atoms_ncrypt.v standalone, you can see there are modules listed in the compiled library.  

Regarding to ready signal (modular_adc_0_command_ready) never goes high, I would suggest to review your design and testbench. 

You may checkout the User Guide below for further information:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/sam1393576011848.html#sam1456148842880

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @twister1398 

Thank you for the best answer confirmation. I’m glad that your question has been addressed. With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos