Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15478 Discussions

Message ID: 18591 Error: Can't recognize the flash device that attached to device 2. The flash device is not supported by Quartus prime software. Device: ARRIA 10 GX 10AX115S2F45 Software: Quartus pro 17.0 and Quartus pro 18.1

OThys
Beginner

Could you please assist?

I am trying to upload a bit file, when i lunch the autodetection of the device i automatically get this error.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
OThys
Beginner

Hi Wolfgang

Thanks for replying.

I have tried what you have suggested but unfortunetly nothing worked, until now i still have that annoying message popping up every time i want to upload a file onto the ARRIA 10.

I found a way around this problem by bypassing the MAX FPGA 5M2210Z, i delete the Max FPGA 5M2210Z and then send the 10AX115S2F54 right up before the 10X115S2 FPGA. Make sure, there is a tick on Program/configure. Click Start to install.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi OThys,

Below are the suggestion workarounds you can try. You can try either one of these suggestion:

1. Set your SW4 switch to default position setting. (refer to attachment picture)
  2. Set Switch 1 (MAX V) to ON position. Switch 1,3,4 set to default position setting. (refer to attachment picture)
  3. Changes your TCK frequency to 6 MHz (default value).

A10 sw4 UG.JPG

I hope this will help.

Thanks😉

OThys
Beginner

Hi Wolfgang

Thanks for replying.

I have tried what you have suggested but unfortunetly nothing worked, until now i still have that annoying message popping up every time i want to upload a file onto the ARRIA 10.

I found a way around this problem by bypassing the MAX FPGA 5M2210Z, i delete the Max FPGA 5M2210Z and then send the 10AX115S2F54 right up before the 10X115S2 FPGA. Make sure, there is a tick on Program/configure. Click Start to install.

NithinGowda
Employee

Hi,

Error(18591): Can't recognize the Flash device that attached to device 1. The Flash device is not supported by Quartus Prime software.

I have similar issue in programming Stratix 10 FPGA. Please find below the screenshot of the window and suggest a solution for this.