Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

Migrating Quartus II Research Project to Quartus Prime: Modifications and IP Integration

DeadEnd
New Contributor I

Hi, I'm a grduate student majoing in industrial Engineering.

I am continuing a research project previously conducted by a former graduate, using Quartus II software.

I have files written in Quartus II in 2017 and want to conduct the same experiment.

However, I have discovered that Quartus Prime, integrated with Megawizard into the IP catalog in 2020, no longer opens the data_pattern_generator service when running the TCL file in System Console.

I'd like to know what modifications are needed in the TCL, QDF, or SOF files to apply the IP or any other necessary actions I should take.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Can you let me know which Quartus version you are migrating to?

Here is an online training to migrate to Quartus Pro: https://youtu.be/P_6gemOLtjE

Regards,

Nurina

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Can you let me know which Quartus version you are migrating to?

Here is an online training to migrate to Quartus Pro: https://youtu.be/P_6gemOLtjE

Regards,

Nurina

DeadEnd
New Contributor I

Current Quartus version I have is 22.1

And I guess the project made by the previous alumni was probably made in version 13 or 14.

Also, thanks for sharing the link to the video on migration, I'll refer to it.

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hello,

Is it Quartus Pro or Quartus Standard?

I'm glad you found the training useful, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Nurina

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

0 Kudos
DeadEnd
New Contributor I

Quartus Standard Edition is right.

I'll try again and if it still doesn't working, I'll ask again. Thank you for your support.

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hello,

Also, are you changing target device upon migration?

I'll leave this case open for a couple days while you work on this.

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
DeadEnd
New Contributor I

I'm trying to troubleshoot the issue, but it's not going well. I think it's going to take some time, I'll try it and if I have any questions, I'll ask them as a separate question.

0 Kudos