Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16608 Discussions

Missing SOPC Builder on Altera Quartus 2

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello 

I have nano fpga and running Altera Quartus 2 version 13.0 . Using the manual I am trying to go to the tools > SOPC Builder . For some reason I can not  

find the Tools > SOPC Builder. I got the software that came with the cd. 

What can I do ?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You are looking at an old tutorial. SOPC builder is an obsolete tool that isn't present in newer Quartus releases. I'd suggest you watch some YouTube videos on QSYS and then try your tutorial with QSYS rather than SOPC builder.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

You are looking at an old tutorial. SOPC builder is an obsolete tool that isn't present in newer Quartus releases. I'd suggest you watch some YouTube videos on QSYS and then try your tutorial with QSYS rather than SOPC builder. 

--- Quote End ---  

Hello 

I got the tutorial from the user manual that came with the cd. Where can I get a full pdf tutorial from start to end like the manual for the specific Deo board I am using. The youtube videos are 

mostly short snippets of the Altera Quartus 2 software.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Download the latest version of the DE0-Nano CD from terasic.com. It has a demonstration for the DE0-nano using Qsys. It is in the documentation directory.

0 Kudos