Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Mixer "din_ready" problem

MDiDo
Beginner

Hello I'm testing a Quartus Qsys video system. The system consists of the following video chain:

CVI -> Clipper -> Color Plane Sequencer -> Chroma Resample -> Deinterlacer -> Scaler -> Frame Buffer  -> Mixer -> CVO

I 'm sending an interlaced video sequence to the CVI, but I have a problem with the Mixer, in fact the Mixer ready goes low after the first half frame and it remains low. I configure the Mixer with PCIe with a 2560x1024 background resolution, setting the control register to '1' and enabling the consume mode. 

I inserted an image of my problem. The first two segnal starting from the top are the input and valid data, the third signal is the Frame Buffer "dout_data" and in blue the Frame Buffer "dout_valid". In yellow the Mixer "din_ready", in pink the Frame Buffer "dout_ready" and the last signal is the Mixer "dout_ready".

As you can see the Mixer din_ready goes low and doesn't get up anymore, hindering the proper operation and blocking the Frame Buffer.

What may be the problem? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Deshi_Intel

HI,

Couple of debug suggestion to you.

1. Have you upgraded to latest Quartus version to you have all latest bug fix ?
  2. Have you check to ensure your Quartus design is timing clean ?
  3. Have you ensure you have sufficient bandwidth in your video processing pipeline transfer ?

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
MDiDo
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I'm using Quartus Prime 16.1 and simulating the system with QuestaSim 10.3c. I read from Intel Release Notes that the supported version from 16.1 is QuestaSim 10.4d. Could be the QuestaSim version the cause of my problem?

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI,

I can't tell you for sure whether the Questasim version mismatch will be the root cause or not but it's always recommended to follow the exact EDA tool version as specified in Quartus release because this is the exact EDA tool version used to validate on certain Quartus version release.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI,

I have not hear back from you for quite sometime.

Hopefully you are doing well in your debug.

For now I am setting this case to closure. Feel free to post new forum thread if you still have enquiry in future.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos