Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

ModelSim FFT simulation returns nothing but zeros

AVasi19
Beginner

Hi,

I'm having trouble with simulating FFT in ModelSim.

Althoug i've asserted all input signals (as shown on figure_1(2019.06.20 20-01-25)), output of FFT stuck at zero.

No valids, no SOP/EOP or data.

RST_n and source_ready are always high.

Has anyone encountered such problem or does anyone know a key to resolving it?

Thanks in advance for your replies)

(PS also ModelSim shows warning, represented on figure_2(2019.06.20 20-01-410))

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndyN
New Contributor I

You probably just need to assert reset at the beginning of your sim to get the core to a known state. From the looks of your screenshot, your reset is never low at the start...

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee
Hi, Thanks for Nicol for the explanation on the reset. @Vasilchenko, You can try the reset as recommended by Nicol. For your information, you can also generate the FFT example design (simulation) from the FFT IP -> Generate -> Generate Example Design. You can then run the simulation for the example design and cross check with yours to see if can spot any anomaly. Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you. Best regards, Chee Pin
0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee
Hi Vasilchenko, Just would like to follow up with you on this. Thank you.
0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee
Hi, As I understand it, it has been some time since I last heard from you. I would set this case to closed at this moment. Feel free to file a new case if you have any further question related to this request. Thank you for your understanding. Best regards, Chee Pin
0 Kudos