Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

ModelSim - License Error

LChow3
Novice

I have installed Quartus Lite 20.1 and ModelSim-Intel FPGA.

When I open the ModelSim from this path: 

C:\intelFPGA_Lite\20.1\modelsim_ae\win32aloem\modelsim.exe 

I get this error:

LChow3_0-1621579463856.png

How do I solve this problem?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LChow3
Novice

I found the solution. If I open the modelsim.exe from the folder \modelsim_ase\win32aloem\modelsim.exe, then I don't have license error. 

So, what is the difference between the modelsim.exe in these 2 folders?

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @LChow3 

You have installed both ModelSim*-Intel® FPGA Edition Software(modelsim_ae) and ModelSim*-Intel® FPGA Starter Edition Software(modelsim_ase) .

ModelSim*-Intel® FPGA Edition Software need a license to run while the starter edition does not. 

You may checkout the page below for further details.

https://www.intel.la/content/www/xl/es/software/programmable/quartus-prime/model-sim.html

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

RichardTanSY_Intel

I have yet to receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided but I believed that I have answered your question. 
With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos.