Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

ModelSim - License Error

LChow3
Novice

I have installed Quartus Lite 20.1 and ModelSim-Intel FPGA.

When I open the ModelSim from this path: 

C:\intelFPGA_Lite\20.1\modelsim_ae\win32aloem\modelsim.exe 

I get this error:

LChow3_0-1621579463856.png

How do I solve this problem?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LChow3
Novice

I found the solution. If I open the modelsim.exe from the folder \modelsim_ase\win32aloem\modelsim.exe, then I don't have license error. 

So, what is the difference between the modelsim.exe in these 2 folders?

RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @LChow3 

You have installed both ModelSim*-Intel® FPGA Edition Software(modelsim_ae) and ModelSim*-Intel® FPGA Starter Edition Software(modelsim_ase) .

ModelSim*-Intel® FPGA Edition Software need a license to run while the starter edition does not. 

You may checkout the page below for further details.

https://www.intel.la/content/www/xl/es/software/programmable/quartus-prime/model-sim.html

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

RichardTanSY_Intel

I have yet to receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided but I believed that I have answered your question. 
With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos.