Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15469 Discussions

[ModelSim] Where to see a log of the commands

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi All, 

Where can I see a log of all the commands, which ran in ModelSim ever by manual entering/typing in the Transcript window or by using ModelSim buttons?  

Thank you!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi All, 

Where can I see a log of all the commands, which ran in ModelSim ever by manual entering/typing in the Transcript window or by using ModelSim bottoms?  

Thank you! 

--- Quote End ---  

Apologies dmitryl but I didn't know Modelsim has bottoms?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I meant "buttons" :-) So, do you have an answer? Where is a log file of ModelSim/Questa located? What's the log name?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I meant "buttons" :-) So, do you have an answer? Where is a log file of ModelSim/Questa located? What's the log name? 

--- Quote End ---  

yes the filename is "transcript" and should be either in modelsim directory or as decided by modelsim.ini 

for example you may have the following ini command: 

; File for saving command transcript 

TranscriptFile = transcript
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

How can I change a location of the Transcript File? 

Currently it's located and updated here: "C:\questasim64_10.4c\examples\transcript

But, the project itself is located here: "D:/units/hp/led/msim/project" 

So how to set so all the Modelsim files will be located/updated in the project directory?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is there any response? Should the transcript file be in the project directory? How to change its location?