Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

[ModelSim] many modelsim.ini -> how to know which one runs?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi All, 

There sre many modelsim.ini in my PC, so how to know which one is currently running? 

Is there some command like 'which modelsim.ini', which I can run from the ModelSim Transcript (commands line) window? 

Thank you!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The one in the simulation directory, usually. Each simulation directory will have its own modelsim.ini file.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

OK, but is there a ModelSim command, which I can run and see what modelsim.ini is currently in use?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In Modelsim, you use the Change Directory command to go to a simulation directory. The .ini in that directory is what is used.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

OK, I'm using Questa v10.4c...  

When I go to 'File->Change Directory' from the menu, a window for directories browsing pops up... There is no a clue about what's the simulation directory...  

So, what to do now?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You change directory to where the files are for simulating your design. A .ini will get created.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

sstrell, it seems you did not understand my question ...  

There several options where the ModelSim takes its .ini from...  

The first option - it takes its .ini from the local directory where it was involved from  

The second option - according to to the environment variable  

Probably there are another options... if there are, please list here, thanks  

So, once the ModelSim is already launched, how can I know what exectly .ini file it used during its launch. Can I check this? How?
0 Kudos