Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Modelsim 10.5b Intel FPGA licenses error,

GLous1
Beginner

Hi all,

I'm getting a license error that I never had before on the same project, the licensces showed are working, I can see them with lmtools and quartus.

when I run

# vsim -novopt -t ps -L work -L work_lib -L mep -L altera_avalon_vip_pkgs_lib -L st_source_bfm_0 -L altera_ver -L lpm_ver -L sgate_ver -L altera_mf_ver -L altera_lnsim_ver -L stratixv_ver -L stratixv_hssi_ver -L stratixv_pcie_hip_ver top

I get the license error:

# Start time: 19:46:17 on Nov 28,2018

# ** License Issue: License request for alteramtivlog feature failed

# ** License Issue: No such feature exists. (1717@lxlicen01)

# ** License Issue: No such feature exists. (1717@lxlicen02)

# ** License Issue: No such feature exists. (1717@lxlicen03)

# ** License Issue: No such feature exists. (1717@lnxmics1)

# ** License Issue: License server system does not support this feature. (1717@lxlicen08)

# ** License Issue: The desired vendor daemon is down. (1800@lxlicen01)

# ** License Issue: The desired vendor daemon is down. (1800@lxlicen02)

# ** License Issue: The desired vendor daemon is down. (1800@lxlicen03)

# ** License Issue: The desired vendor daemon is down. (1702@lxlicen08)

# ** License Issue: Cannot find license file. (C:\flexlm\license.dat)

# ** Error: Failure to obtain a Verilog simulation license. Unable to checkout any of these license features: 'alteramtivsim' or 'alteramtivlog'.

# Error loading design

# Error: Error loading design

#       Pausing macro execution

# MACRO ./wave.do PAUSED at line 113125

any idea?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Abe
Valued Contributor II

Check the LM_LICENSE_FILE and MGLS_LICENSE_FILE variable that has been set if its pointing to the correct/latest license file/server.

Looks like the license daemon is down. You will have to manually shutdown the server and restart it again. You can use the LMUTILS or LMTOOLS to shutdown and restart the license server.

lmutil lmdown -c <path to lic file> (to shutdown server)

lmgrd -c <path to lic file> (to restart the server. )

Try these two command and then check if the tools get the licenses. If not, please run the FLexLM Diagnostics and post the results here

0 Kudos
GLous1
Beginner

Hi Abe,

I work in a big institution and I don't have acces to the server licenses server, but i know they are working ok because in my computer lmtools and lmutil lmdiag show the correct licensces, also quartus pro has access to them and for a last check I've installed modelsim on another laptop connected to the same network and its working ok.

So it has to be something with my computer and the fact of uninstalling quartus 16.1 and install quartus 17.1

0 Kudos
Abe
Valued Contributor II

In this case, check the license environment variables in your system, also check if you any firewall has been enabled recently and if necessary add exceptions for these ports in the firewall or disable the firewall and try if you can get the license to work

0 Kudos