Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16592 Discussions

Modelsim-Altera 10c starter edition strange error

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

modelsim - altera 10c ; quartus II V11.1 service pack 2 

i have a simple frequency devider module for testing; inside modelsim all libraries are compiled and recognised. 

while starting simulation in modelsim; -it gives this error: 

** Error: (vsim-10000) one_min_1200mv_0c_fast.vo(114): Unresolved defparam reference to '\pin_clk_out~output ' in \pin_clk_out~output .bus_hold.# Region: /one 

and follows all the variables that i have. register names i have created and so on. 

very strange... it does'nt say that a library is missing or some data is missing. it just doesnt likes my variables. it seems like gate level netlist is wrongly generated and lacks some information.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Are you simulating using Nativelink? Does the Modelsim version match the version of Quartus II?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

aa nativelink is when you try to lounch modelsim from within quartus right? yes i have tried both cases; lounching it from quartus, and lounching it indepandently. in both cases same results. modelsim-altera and quartus versions do not match. its Quartus II v11.1 SP2 and modelsim version is : "ModelSim-Altera 10.0c (Quartus II 11.1) Starter Edition". should they match?? is there a modelsim-altera 11.1 version out there?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

allright.... now i have Quartus II Sp2. and Modelsim-Altera 10c SE Sp2. still the same error. strange thing is that; i am simulating the same project by Modelsim 6.5 without errors. yes i have used ModelsimAltera SE 10c Libraries when i was trying with 10c version (i didnt made mistake and didnt targeted at modelsim6.5 libraries.)

0 Kudos