Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

Modelsim, how to remove testbench source tab

RandyR
New Contributor I

Quartus version 20.1.1, Modelsim free version

Whenever Modelsim launches from Quartus, the waveform view is covered up by a tab that contains the testbench source code. 

Is there some way, either through a Modelsim setting or by modifying the .do file, to eliminate the testbench source tab?

Cheers.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Are you running a script (.do) or just running the sim manually?  This will always happen when you hit a $stop in the code.  If you run the sim manually, you can choose how much time to run without hitting the stop.

And you can just click on the wave tab to flip to it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Screenshot?  Not sure what you mean.

0 Kudos
RandyR
New Contributor I

Hello sstrell, thanks for getting back with me.  This is what Modelsim looks like once it opens, and runs the simulation.  The testbench is open in a tab which covers the waveform view.  I cannot find a way to have Modelsim open without this happening.

Thanks, Randy

ModelsimProblem.JPG

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Are you running a script (.do) or just running the sim manually?  This will always happen when you hit a $stop in the code.  If you run the sim manually, you can choose how much time to run without hitting the stop.

And you can just click on the wave tab to flip to it.

0 Kudos
RandyR
New Contributor I

So it is the $stop, interesting.  Modelsim is launched by Quartus, using the .do file Quartus creates.  My testbenches always have a $stop for convenience.

I find having to always close the tab frustrating, but it isn't that big a deal.

Thanks, Randy

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. 

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts.

Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos