Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

NIOS II - UART

VKoto
Beginner

Hello,

I have a problem with compilation my project in Eclypse. Compilation was stopped as you can see in attachment. Do you have some ideas what I was doing wrong?

Thank you for your answers.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Abe
Valued Contributor II

I was able to recreate your issue.. and the solution is quite simple ... just include the following line in your code and the error will go away..

#include "altera_avalon_uart_regs.h"

The project compiles without any issues now. Try it and see if it works out.

0 Kudos
VKoto
Beginner

Hello,

thank you for your answer. But I have problem with include #include "altera_avalon_uart_regs.h". Eclypse write me:

Multiple markers at this line

- Unresolved inclusion: "altera_avalon_uart_regs.h"

- fatal error: altera_avalon_uart_regs.h: No such file or 

directory

Do you have any idea how can I resolve this problem? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Abe
Valued Contributor II

Have you configured your BSP when you created it using Eclipse.? If not, then select the uart BSP top most project and right-click it. From the menu, look for NIOS II -> BSP Editor.

This will open up the BSP editor . Select the "Settings" option in the left pane. Here you need to make the following changes.

Select/Enable only the following 4 options :

*enable_instruction_related_exceptions_api

*enable_small_c_library

*enable_reduced_device_drivers

*allow_code_at_reset

Uncheck all other options. Click "Generate" and then Exit. Now, go to Eclipse and build the BSP and application again. This time it should compile without any errors.

I've included the same project with the software built in this ZIP file. You can have a look at it.

0 Kudos
VKoto
Beginner

Than you very much. Everythink works.

0 Kudos