Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16604 Discussions

NewBe: Qesta Intel starter edition -- unable to checkout a license

Dan18
Novice

Hello,

Using Quartus lite I create a simple schematic diagram -- and and2 gate with two inputs and output, mapped to the cyclon l10 pins.

I then wanted to simulate the schematic -- however, upon starting the simulator i got a licensing error:

c:/intelfpga_lite/21.1/questa_fse/win64//vsim -c -do MKRVIDOR4000.do

Unable to checkout a license. Make sure your license file environment variable (e.g., LM_LICENSE_FILE)

is set correctly and then run 'lmutil lmdiag' to diagnose the problem.

Unable to checkout a license. Vsim is closing.

I am unsure what to do, since I installed the free questa product

any help is much appreciated,

Dan

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to Intel forum. For Questa starter edition, you’ll need to request a free license file in self-service licensing center https://licensing.intel.com/psg/s/sales-signup-evaluationlicenses

You’ll need to register to self-service licensing center before requesting Questa intel FPGA starter edition license in “sign up for evaluation or free license” tab. 

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos