Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

NiosIDE, Can't search declarations in syslib

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In NIOS II Ide(7.1) you can make a search for definition and declarations with right-click, F3 or ctrl F3.  

For some reason I cant get this feature to work when the item is defined in syslib.  

For instance these ones are simply ignored when I search for definition or declaration: 

iowr_altera_avalon_pio_data(); 

iord_altera_avalon_pio_data(); 

strcmp();  

int8u i; 

Am I the only one who faces that kind of problem?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello 

Maybe no one has replied because like me, no one really understands the question! 

In which window/pane are you right clicking? 

Does what you want to try only fail in V7? 

What about V6? 

regards
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks frsustrated, 

You got a good point there. I right-click on the source code window of a .c file.  

I dont know for sure with nios 6 as I dont have that version any more but my memory is: It has never worked to my satisfaction.  

So to re-iterate my problem: Suppose I want to check what exactly is INT8U declared as, (but anything coming from syslib would illustrate the problem).  

Normally rightclick should bring me to the declaration, it just does not work when an item is declared in syslib. If its declared in my own project files it works ok.  

Needless to say, this is kind of... frustrating. 

regards
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello 

I see what you mean now, right click something, select 'Open Declaration'  

and if the 'something' is part of the system libraries nothing happens at all! 

Works for your own stuff however. 

Par for the IDE course, I would say! 

(I tried this on V6, by the way) 

regards
0 Kudos