Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

No response or license after ordering VERY EXPENSIVE Quartus software.

sharpertool
Novice

I ordered this paid for the tools, and have received nothing. I did not even get an email response "thank you for your order". Pretty poor system if it can't send a confirmation email. 

I guess it is the weekend, but, electronic license should be kind of immediate right??? Of course, it's not possible to talk to a "HUMAN" via any support channels I have available. I think you have to be a fortune 500 company to even talk to anyone that is alive at Intel.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sharpertool
Novice

It turns out orders for Quartus software on Intel.com are handled by Digikey. I was able to contact Digikey with the salesorder number and get the order status. The CC was flagged, so it took an extra step to push things through.

Nothing in the order made it clear that Digikey was fullfilling it though, so there was no easy way to track the order.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

You do realize most businesses are shutdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic, correct? Or did you just arrive in a time machine?

0 Kudos
sharpertool
Novice

An automatic online system to accept a credit card should send an email response to confirm that the transaction has been accepted. This requires no human interaction in a properly designed system.

If some human interaction is required from that point, it should be stated in the email that the transaction will take "estimated" number of days. If that time frame is affected by the current situation, then an addendum to that effect would be appreciated as well.

0 Kudos
sharpertool
Novice

It turns out orders for Quartus software on Intel.com are handled by Digikey. I was able to contact Digikey with the salesorder number and get the order status. The CC was flagged, so it took an extra step to push things through.

Nothing in the order made it clear that Digikey was fullfilling it though, so there was no easy way to track the order.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for update. You can also find the contact for our distributor near you from link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html

0 Kudos