Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16558 Discussions

PLL ModelSim Quartus Prime Lite Edition

igor_uzi
Beginner

PLL simulation in ModelSim Altera. PLL created in Quartus Prime Lite by MegaWizard: Installed IP>Library>Clocks,...>PLL>Altera PLL. Created pll200MHz.
Project for Cyclone V E.

In ModelSim simulation:

# Loading sv_std.std
# Loading work.pll200MHz_tb
# Loading work.pll200MHz
# Loading work.pll200MHz_0002
# ** Error: (vsim-3033) D:/svn/ModelSim/ml/adcLtc2387/pll/pll200MHz/pll200MHz_0002.v(78): Instantiation of 'altera_pll' failed. The design unit was not found.
# Time: 0 ps Iteration: 0 Instance: /pll200MHz_tb/pll200MHz_inst/pll200mhz_inst File: D:/svn/ModelSim/ml/adcLtc2387/pll/pll200MHz/pll200MHz_0002.v
# Searched libraries:
# C:/intelFPGA_pro/18.1/modelsim_ase/altera/vhdl/altera_mf
# C:/intelFPGA_pro/18.1/modelsim_ase/altera/verilog/altera_mf
# D:/svn/ModelSim/ml/adcLtc2387/pll/work
# Error loading design
# End time: 14:23:36 on Oct 26,2020, Elapsed time: 0:00:00
# Errors: 1, Warnings: 0
Where is problem:

I need another Altera librery fo ModelSim? or I have to create another PLL?

But after ModelSim simulation I have to compile project in Quartus Prime Lite...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi, 

Have you try to run the simulation using the Quartus Nativelink feature? 

Reference: Quartus Nativelink

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi, 

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos
igor_uzi
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you for info.

I managed to simulate my pll project by your recommendation (Quartus II > NativeLink).

But before I found reason Why I can't simulate in ModelSim-Altera with my created pll  by Quartus WIzard.

When I added in Simulation Libraries "altera_Insim" I managed to simulate.

0 Kudos