Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Parallel_add Megafunction help

RNeto2
Beginner

Hello everyone, I'm an absolute beginner with the software so I'd really appreciate if anyone could help me with a very simple issue.

I'm building a FIR filter using Quartus Prime Lite Edition and I want to place a parallel_add block to add all my bus streams, problem is I can't alter the block to have it look like, for example, the second image I uploaded called p_add_5 in order to be able to add five buses. How do I do it?

Thanks in advance to anyone who took the time reading

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Double-click the block to open it's IP Parameter Editor. There you can set the number of input buses and their width.

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
RNeto2
Beginner

Like so? Because even when I alter the size and width, there's no actual change in the look of the block. I figured maybe due to the fact that I'm using the Lite Edition?

p_add.PNGp_add_1.PNG

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Yes, but I think you have to refresh the block symbol you've already added. It's much easier to generate it as an IP from the IP Catalog and set the parameters that way.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_lpm_alt_mfug.pdf

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
RNeto2
Beginner

Thank you very much! I've got it now. I appreciate you taking the time.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee
Thanks Steven for your help on this. @Richardo, Steven is right. Generally it is recommended to instantiate the IP from the IP Catalog.
0 Kudos