Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16602 Discussions

Permissions Issue When Creating Project in User Folder

thisisawful
Beginner

Hi. I am working on the most recent version of Quartus Prime Lite 21, and have run into an issue when I attempt to make a project in a directory inside of my user folder. when attempting to launch the project, I get a permissions error. 

"

Can't open project -- you do not have permission to write to all the files or create new files in the project's database directory
"

As far as I am aware, I have full permissions in my own user folder. Is there any way to fix this, by possibly granting the same permissions to Quartus Prime?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi,

The problem is that the write protection bits to several files and directories has been set. Please refer to below link for the possible fix.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/articles/000084612.html

Kindly do let me if it addressed your concern.

Regards,

Paveetirra

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Do you happen to have spaces anywhere in the path?  That could be the problem.

0 Kudos
thisisawful
Beginner
Unfortunately no, there are no spaces in the path.
0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Hmm.  Can you successfully create and open projects placed elsewhere?  

Also, I'm assuming Windows 10 and not Linux.

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi,

The problem is that the write protection bits to several files and directories has been set. Please refer to below link for the possible fix.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/articles/000084612.html

Kindly do let me if it addressed your concern.

Regards,

Paveetirra

0 Kudos
thisisawful
Beginner

This was the issue, thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. 

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts.

Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos