Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RWitt
Beginner

Platform Designer - A10 PCIe SR-IOV enables AER in the config-space even though it has not been enabled in PD.

In PD I don't enable AER, but when the core is built and the FPGA is tested, the normal Linux lspci indicates that AER is enabled. In the non-SR-IOV core (just turning SR-IOV off), with AER not enabled, it does not show up in the PCIe config-space. Why?

Added edit: FYI - this is a version 18.0 pcie_a10_hip core.

Update: 12/04/18 - I was looking into a few of my questions further, some thoughts:

Also, and discussed on another post, I see in documentation an implication that with SR-IOV enabled the AER capability is always in the config space (I have not checked whether or not the "Enable Advanced Error Reporting" configuration (on/off) affects whether it indicates enabled (supported) or not. Is this observation true?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Nathan_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

When you enable SR_IOV, the ARI support is enabled thus enabling AER capability (although not selected in the IP GUI).

Please check my reply for the following question:

Question:

Also, and discussed on another post, I see in documentation an implication that with SR-IOV enabled the AER capability is always in the config space (I have not checked whether or not the "Enable Advanced Error Reporting" configuration (on/off) affects whether it indicates enabled (supported) or not. Is this observation true?

Answer:

I cannot confirm if your observation is true as I never tried reading back AER errors with SR-IOV by unchecking "Enabled Advanced Error Reporting"

Since ARI is enabled with SR-IOV enabled, the AER Enhanced Capability Registers are available to indicate AER is available. However, to ensure the Configuration Space Registers are available please "Enable Advanced Error reporting".

Regards,

Nathan