Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Platform Designer Interconnect Avalon agent read data fifo M20K usage of 50% in a Cyclone10 GX.

ecs
Beginner

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am currently dealing with the following issue in Quartus Prime Pro Edition 21.1, with FPGA device Cyclone10 GX:

The Quartus project contains a Platform Designer system. Inside this system there is an AXI bridge. The slave port of this bridge is exported to be connected to an external AXI4 master, and the master port is connected directly to the Avalon-MM slave port of an External Memory Interface Intel Cyclone 10 FPGA IP. The direct connection between AXI4-MM master and Avalon-MM slave translates into a Platform Designer Interconnect which converts between the two protocols.

After the Quartus project is implemented, It can be checked in the resource usage summary that in the Avalon side/agent of the interconnect there is a ..._rdata_fifo which width is 258, what makes sense because the data width selected is 256, but the depth is 8192, what translates into this fifo consuming 129 M20Ks, that is the 50% of the total available in the device. From where does this big number for the fifo depth come from? How could the resource usage of this fifo be reduced to an acceptable number?

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Eduardo del Castillo.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nurina
Employee

Can you upload your .qar file? To generate this, go to Project>Archive project.

Thanks,

Nurina

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Feel free to share your .qar file through e-mail. I'm sending you an e-mail so we can communicate there.

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Following our e-mails, the engineering team cannot provide a short-term solution. However they will fix this problem in the future version of Quartus Prime Pro, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Regards,
Nurina

P/S: If you like my comment, feel free to give Kudos. If my comment solved your problem, feel free to accept my comment as solution!

0 Kudos