Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Platform designer Quartus 21 LCD and SDRAM problem

ETang2
Beginner

Hello, i'm trying to update a quartus 18.1 project to 21.1 but when i use the platform designer the system says it can't find sdram-controller (altera_avalon_new_sdram_controller) and lcd-display (altera_avalon_lcd_16207). How can i solve this ?

Thanks

Eric

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RichardTanSY_Intel

I have confirmed that these two IP have been obsolete and there is no replacement IP unfortunately.

If you want to continue to use these IPs, the latest Quartus version that supports these IPs is in version 20.1.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 9/10 survey.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Do you see any message when you try to upgrade the IP in the Platform Designer?

My guess is the IP are most likely obsolete in the current Quartus version.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683364/18-1/troubleshooting-ip-or-system-upgrade.html

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 9/10 survey.

0 Kudos
ETang2
Beginner
Thank you for your answer. I think the IPS are obsolete but I'm looking for by what other IPS I can replace it?
0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

My suggestion is to search keywords like SDRAM or LCD in the platform designer IP Catalog, and choose a similar IP that match well with your design requirement. For further details, you may right-click the IP > Details. Each IP has documentation/user guide link attached with it.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

May I know does my latest reply answer your question? Do you need further help?

0 Kudos
ETang2
Beginner

Yes and no. Yes as the methodology is good but no beacause i find nothing with the keywords lcd and sdram but i think these are obsolet and replace by nothing simple ...

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I have confirmed that these two IP have been obsolete and there is no replacement IP unfortunately.

If you want to continue to use these IPs, the latest Quartus version that supports these IPs is in version 20.1.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Thanks for acknowledge the solution provided. 

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
Tim72
Beginner

Thank you for this information. I am having the same problem of trying to find a replacement SDRAM controller IP for the NiosII on the DE2-115 board (Cyclone IV).

Is it possible to use a DDR controller such as the Intel AltMemPHY controller, for the SDRAM (which is SDR not DDR)?

0 Kudos