Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Power Analyzer Operating Conditions Used wrong VCCPGM

EGrub
Beginner

I'm not sure if this is the right place to report errors of Quartus. If not please move it to proper place:

I found a minor bug in Quartus Prime 17.1.

The Power Analyzer Operating Conditions used report shows a wrong VCCPGM.

Configured in Settings is the following:

0 Kudos
8 Replies
EGrub
Beginner

Hm I don't know why the images are not shown in post. In editor they were shown :(

image.png

vccpgm.png

op_conditions.png

0 Kudos
SreekumarR_G_Intel
Hello Erich, Thank you for the questions and I apologize for delay in response Can you kindly let me know the device part number you referring too ? When I select the "5CSXFC6D6F31I7ES" Cyclone V family in quartus prime. I could see VCCPGM option such as (1.8V,2.5V,3.0V and 3.3V) as mentioned in the datasheet of Cyclone V family. Note : i am trying to find a way to attach the screen shot of drop down box in VCCPGM. Thank you , Regards, Sree
0 Kudos
EGrub
Beginner

Hi Sree!

Thank you for your reply! sorry for my late reply, but I did not get an email notification that you wrote a reply! Please Intel improve the forum here a lot!! It is not suitable for such a big company!!

Ok back to your question. I have the issue with the parts: 5CEBA5F23C7 and 5CEFA4F23C6

It happens in Quartus 15.1 as well.

I'll compile at the moment an Arria V project to see results there.

By the way my drop down menu looks like:

Regards,

Erich

0 Kudos
EGrub
Beginner

Again it did not show the image, again please improve the forum!!!

vpgm_drop_down.png

Regards,

Erich

0 Kudos
SreekumarR_G_Intel

Hello Erich,

Sorry about the forum , But would it possible to change the VCCPGM in the tool according to your design ?

from the drop down box i think yes .

Thank you ,

regards,

Sree

0 Kudos
EGrub
Beginner

Hi Sree!

As I wrote in my first Message, I set it under "Operating Settings and Conditions" -> "Voltage" to 3.3V but in Power Analyzer Report it is always 1.8V

Regards,

Erich

0 Kudos
EGrub
Beginner

By the way same issue for an 5AGXMB1G6F31C6.

Look here the setting from the Power Analyzer report:

pgm_settings.png

And here the reported Operating Conditions Used:

pgm_report.png

Clearly a bug!

Regards,

Erich

0 Kudos
SreekumarR_G_Intel
Sure Erich, Thank you much for the input, Let me talk to software team and come back.. Thank you, regards, Sree
0 Kudos