Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

Preferred Text Editor command details to run specific parameters for the editor

guilbaudl
Beginner

Hey everyone,

I post my question here as I think it can be useful for many people (and I couldn't find any solution).

I would like to use Visual Studio Code as my favorite editor in Quartus. I can write the path and the options to open the file at the corresponding line, but I want to set the folder that opens VSCode in order to have my environment settings.

You can find the Quartus setting in Tools > Options > Prefered Text Editor

However, by not knowing how the field works, I cannot fix the issue I am facing (and I tried for long to fix it)

I want to run the following to estimate which folder to open for VSCode. It perfectly works in Powershell, but not when using Quartus. It just opens files with the names from parts of the command.

Here is the command:
"C:/Users/me/AppData/Local/Programs/Microsoft VS Code/Code.exe" $(If ((Get-Location).ToString().Contains('folder1')) {'C:/Users/me/Documents/folder1'} Else {'C:/Users/me/Documents/folder2')

I am using Quartus 22.2 for Windows 10. I couldn't even make it work writting
"C:/Users/me/AppData/Local/Programs/Microsoft VS Code/Code.exe" $(Get-Location.ToString())

Regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Open quartus ->Tools -> Options -> Preferred Text Editor "Text editor" select "Custom" "Command-line" and enter either of followings:

"%PATH_TO_VSCODE%\Microsoft VS Code\Code.exe" -r -g %l %f

"%PATH_TO_VSCODE%\Microsoft VS Code\Code.exe" %l %f %p

"%PATH_TO_VSCODE%\Microsoft VS Code\Code.exe" -r -g -n%l %f

"%PATH_TO_VSCODE%\Microsoft VS Code\Code.exe" -r -g -n%l %f %p

"%PATH_TO_VSCODE%\Microsoft VS Code\Code.exe" -n%l %f

Best Regards,

Sheng

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution and give Kudos.

0 Kudos
guilbaudl
Beginner

Hello,

None of the line you wrote works. It only opens the concerned file without opening the folder I would like...

And I don't want to open the project, but the top folder depending on the path where the project is located (the top folder is a folder of many different projects)

Do you know how I can run command line in this "command line" field?

Best regards,

Loan

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Any further update or concern?

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Sheng

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Since there are no further feedback for this thread, I shall set this thread to close pending. If you still need further assistance, you are welcome reopen this thread within 20days or open a new thread, some one will be right with you.

0 Kudos
guilbaudl
Beginner

Hello, sorry for not answering, the mail notifications went into the junk box!

I take a look at what you proposed and I tell you.

Thanks for the answer, 

Regards

Loan

0 Kudos