Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16603 Discussions

§Problem with bidirectional pin 10CL006YU256A7G

RBell9
Beginner

Hello,

I have problems using a bidirectional pin in the cyclone 10LP custom board (10CL006YU256A7G).

I am using a bdf project, here is the implementation of the bidirectional pin:

RBell9_0-1658476330824.png

on my board connected with the IN_OUT pin there is the following electrical circuit:

RBell9_1-1658477206067.png

the problem is that when I set the OE line to LOW (bidirectional pin should transfer out the A value) the IN_OUT line remains HIGH regardless of the value of the A-line, the same happens when I put the OE LOW. The input signal remains HIGH even if I put the IO_PIN of the 'analog part' to gnd.

I tried to disconnect all the electrical parts but nothing changed.

If I use an output pin instead of a bidirectional one the output works fine (A signal is reported to the output pin).

I am using the pin L2, I tried to change the pin from L2 to T14 and all starts working fine, I also tried to connect the T14 pin to the same electrical circuit, and everything works.

There are some differences between these 2 pins? Do I have to change some properties of the L2 pin?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello bidirectional pin can be set at pin planner. 

You dont need to do the bdf circuit like you showed. 

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos