Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16666 Discussions

Problem with the creation of TestBench.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I have a problem, I did the project- where I have a cell that I use it as a subcircuit within another entity. I have no problem with compilation project, but when I go to File -> Create / Update -> Create HDL Desing File for Current File...this option is not available. I do this when the top level entity is open. 

I don't know where is the problem.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm using QuartusII 10.1

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is the file you are trying to convert already an HDL file?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

My two files are ".vhd"

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Then why do you want to create hdl file for current file? it is already hdl

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I want to create the testbench file. I have seen tutorials that makes this form, is that correct?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The "Create HDL file from current file" option is for converting graphical files to HDL. 

The best way to write a testbench is to write the HDL yourself.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, I have just simulate it, fine. Thanks for responding, I just realized that was a dumb question.  

I had a way of making, selecting Processing-> Start -> Start TestBench Template Writer. But it is much easier to create a vhd file and write the tb on my own.  

Again, thanks for your time.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Additionally you would use MODELSIM-ALTERA, it provides a intuitive GUI to create waveforms, generate testbench HDL code and simulation 

--- Quote Start ---  

Yes, I have just simulate it, fine. Thanks for responding, I just realized that was a dumb question.  

I had a way of making, selecting Processing-> Start -> Start TestBench Template Writer. But it is much easier to create a vhd file and write the tb on my own.  

Again, thanks for your time. 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos