Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Problem with watchdog (Dualboot with encryption)

MVrbj
Beginner

Hi,

i'm trying to use encryption with watchdog(dualboot) on MAX 10 device but without success. Dualboot with watchdog without encryption works flawlessly. Same with dualboot with encryption without watchdog. But when i try to use them together, after programming, design in FPGA is not working at all. Problem seems to be with generated .ekp file. It's different when i enable watchdog in "Convert programming file" utility. My understanding is that .ekp is just for programming key file into FPGA so enabling watchdog shouldn't have impact on them. Am i right? But it does. I'm attaching .cof files saved by "Convert programming file" and respective .ekp files generated. I'm using Quartus 17.1. Hope someone can help me.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi MVrbj,

When you generated .pof file, did your both .sof file used the same key?

Both .sof file need to be encrypted with the same key.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
MVrbj
Beginner

Hi WolfGang,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, they are. You can see this in attached .cof files.

I also noticed that not only content of generated .ekp files is different, but also sizes. Shouldn't they both have same size?

Martin

0 Kudos
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi MVrbj,

May I know your issue status? Any improvement/workaround?

Thanks

0 Kudos