Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

Problems with Quartus 11.0sp1 on Linux

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am running version 11.0 build 208 service pack 1 SJ Web Edition (v11 to support Cyclone I device). 

I can work with a project and compile, but I have trouble using a couple of specific features: 

• the post-mapping and post-fitting Technology Map Viewers both give an error, "Technology Map Viewer Preprocess was NOT successful" 

• the Chip Planner gives the message, "Feature Incremental Compilation is only available with a valid subscription license." - although the project is already fully compiled. In addition, I can't dismiss this message, I have to kill Quartus. 

I do not see any logging output from Quartus. 

Is there any way I can get these features to work? 

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

the Chip Planner gives the message, "Feature Incremental Compilation is only available with a valid subscription license." - although the project is already fully compiled. In addition, I can't dismiss this message, I have to kill Quartus. 

--- Quote End ---  

This problem was resolved by a reinstall. 

However, the Technology Map viewers still don't work on the reinstall.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The Technology Map Viewers work fine if the target device is Cyclone II. Just not Cyclone I.

0 Kudos