Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
15378 Discussions

Programmer fails at 45%, JTAG ID suddenly 0x00000000

KRasm4
Beginner

I'm encountering a weird issue when trying to program my Cyclone V GT FPGA Development Board.

I have generated my .sof file, and I am attempting to upload it. The programmer identifies the FPGA and quickly gets to 44-45% progress, hangs for 5-10 seconds, and then gives the error shown below:

KRasm4_0-1624295661123.png

I have other .sof files that I am able to program the board with - this is the only file where the error occurs. While this design is larger than things I have previously uploaded, it only takes up ~40% of device resources, so I don't see that this should be an issue.

Any and all recommendations are gladly accepted. Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

It could just be a bad file.  Maybe you can just rerun the Assembler and generate a new file.  If it still doesn't work, I'd try a full recompile.