Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

QSYS ignores readdatavalid signal

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I am currently working on an Avalon memory master that requires the readdatavalid signal to properly function. I set up the signal in QSYS but when I observed the Signaltap output for a memory read, I noticed that the readvalidsignal is always 0. Is there any reasons that can cause this? I can provide a screenshot of the signaltap output if requested.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you declare that the avalon master would use pipelining? It is possible that QSys would only generate the logic behind the read data valid signal when the "Maximum pending read transactions" parameter is 0.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Did you declare that the avalon master would use pipelining? It is possible that QSys would only generate the logic behind the read data valid signal when the "Maximum pending read transactions" parameter is 0. 

--- Quote End ---  

The "Maximum pending read transactions" parameter is set at 0 currently.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sorry I should have re-read my answer... I meant only if the parameter is not 0. When 0 it basically means there is no pipelining and the read data valid signal isn't needed. Try to set it to another value (ideally to the highest number of transactions you plan to have before getting a read value back) and see if the signal becomes valid.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The signal is still not asserted for some reason

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Are you sure that you are reading from a valid address? Could you do a signaltap capture of the signals on both the master and the slave, to check that the slave is receiving the read request ans replying?

0 Kudos